Blel Kadri of AG2R-La Mondiale was the only survivor of the breakaway. Therefore, he delivered the first French stage win of the 2014 Tour de France whereas the battle of the giants gave a little advantage to Alberto Contador who moved up to the top ten on GC. But the Spaniard only regained three seconds from Vincenzo Nibali who reached a new summit: the 200th day of an Italian in the lead of the Tour de France.
News from the sick bay…
Already involved in a controversial crash in the finale of stage 7 in Nancy, Andrew Talansky (GRS) fell again in Saturday's stage and lost precious time.
According to the medical communiqué, the American, winner of the last Dauphine, suffers from "multiple contusions".
35th in the stage, 4:35 adrift, the Garmin Sharp team leader is now 16th overall, 4:22 behind Vincenzo Nibali.
The stage in videos
- The Flamme rouge - The last kilometre
- Hot news of the day
- Landscape of the day
- Stage Analysis
The stage in pictures
Tour de France 2014 - Etape 8 - Tomblaine / Gérardmer - 12/07/2014 - Blel KADRI félicité par ses équipiers peu après l'arrivée © ASO/B.Bade
Tomblaine / Gérardmer La Mauselaine
This neighbouring common of Nancy entered the club of stage towns of the Tour de France in 2012. It also hosts the Marcel Picot Stadium, home to the AS Nancy-Lorraine...
Le Tour 2014 route
Tour de france 2014
Running from Saturday July 5th to Sunday July 27th 2014, the 101th Tour de France will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,664 kilometres.
These stages have the following profiles:
- 9 flat stages
- 5 hill stages
- 6 mountain stages with 5 altitude finishes
- 1 individual time-trial stage
- 2 rest days
9 new stage cities
Leeds, Harrogate, York, Sheffield, Cambridge, Ypres, Oyonnax, Risoul, Maubourguet Pays du Val d’Adour
Each year it is much awaited and lights up the roadside... we are talking of course about the Tour de France sponsor's parade! Discover the crazy cars of our partners and try your luck at winning gifts on...
Jersey wearers after the stage 8
- 07/12Kadri delivers the first French victory
- 07/12Talansky crashes again
- 07/12Vinokourov - The Tour could be over...
- 07/12Michal Kwiatkowski: «At the end...
- 07/12Blel Kadri: «I was ready for...
- 07/12Thibaut Pinot: "I'm a little bit behind"
- 07/12Peter Sagan: "It was better to take...
- 07/12Vincenzo Nibali: "The race is more...
- 07/12Contador: "I tried to test Nibali"
- 07/12Licking their wounds
- 07/12Will the Vosges make a difference?
- 07/12Steep and narrow climbs as an...
- 07/11Tom Jelte-Slagter eyes Gerardmer stage
- 07/11Yvon Madiot - FDJ's goal remains a...
- 07/11Km 150 - Beware of Grosse Pierre
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will a Dutchman win again in Gérardmer nine years after Pieter Weening?
- Yes, Bauke Mollema has a good chance12.29%
- Absolutely, it’s perfect for Tom-Jelte Slagter12.95%
- No, it’s a Spanish day (Valverde, Rodriguez…)36.27%
- No, Dutch fans have had enough with Lars Boom22.8%
- No, Pieter Weening is not riding the 2014 Tour 15.69%