The city of light provides the most prestigious setting for the finish of the Tour de France, the final circuit having become more dramatic still since the peloton was invited to pass in front of the Louvre... thrills are guaranteed for all of the giants who finish the Tour. One of them then experiences a moment of absolute bliss: winning on the Champs-Élysées is the ultimate achievement for sprinters. Mark Cavendish remains the record holder with four wins, while the prestigious stage has gone to seven different riders in the last seven seasons: André Greipel (2016), Dylan Groenewegen (2017), Alexander Kristoff (2018), Caleb Ewan (2019), Sam Bennett (2020), Wout van Aert (2021) and Jasper Philipsen (2022).
- Traditional finish location for the Tour de France
- 49th finish on the Champs-Élysées
- Capital of France and capital of the Île-de-France region
- City-department and prefecture (75)
- Population: 2,250,000 (Parisiens and Parisiennes)