Geraint Thomas maintained Team Sky's grip on Paris-Nice on Sunday, narrowly winning the 74th edition of the Race to the Sun on the aptly-named Promenade des Anglais for the British outfit's fourth victory in five years in the event. But it was a tense battle for the Welshman, harassed all day by Alberto Contador (Tinkoff), who attacked repeatedly on the last two climbs before finishing second in both the stage and overall, missing his third Paris-Nice crown by a slim four seconds....Read more More news
The race in videos
- US - Best of - Paris Nice 2016
- 2016 security video
The race in pictures
Paris-Nice 2016 - 11/03/2016 - Etape 5 - Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux - Salon-de-Provence (198 Km) - © ASO/G.Demouveaux
Paris-Nice 2016 route
Running from Sunday March 6th to 13th 2016, the 74th Paris-Nice will be made up of 1 prologue and 7 stages and will cover a total distance of 1,290 kilometres.
The city stages
- Mont Brouilly
- La Madone d’Utelle
Jersey wearers after the stage 7
- 03/13Thomas fends off Contador challenge...
- 03/13Onboard - Étape 7 - Paris-Nice 2016
- 03/13Summary - Stage 7 (Nice / Nice) -...
- 03/13Alberto Contador: "I don"t like...
- 03/13Richie Porte: "A little surprise"
- 03/13Duchesne: "My greatest achievement"
- 03/13Tim Wellens: "A great victory"
- 03/13Geraint Thomas: "I'm over the moon"
- 03/12Sky ready to maintain Paris-Nice...
Receive exclusive news about Paris-Nice