Live your Tour!
Have you been passionate about the Tour de France since you were a child? Have you ever thought of participating on the social networks or writing for a blog? Are you interested in photos, video, or creation software? And what if you put your creativity to use for one the biggest cycling race in the world?
Don’t miss the chance of a life time, a dream experience for all cycling fans, become a Digital Reporter!
Join the international team of Digital Reporters and participate in a paid mission on the Tour de France to discover the Grand Boucle from behind the scenes. Inside access, photo reports, live videos, interviews… Keep the 6 million Tour de France fans up to speed on your Tour de France experience on the social networks.
The next phases?
- 18 April: opening of applications
- 09 May: closing of applications
- 12 May: pre-selection of candidates
- 16 May: oral interviews
- 18 May: announcement of the 3 selected Digital Reporters
How to try your luck?
If you are interested, send us:
- A presentation of yourself through an Instagram or Snapchat story
- A 300 word article written in your native language then translated into English, recounting your most powerful experience with the Tour de France (real or virtual).
- A 60-second video showing the magic of the Tour de France as you see it.
- A photo, taken by you, to illustrate your love for the Tour de France.
The selection criteria
Three criteria are vital for a successful application:
- Your creativity
- Your mastering of social networking
- Your passion for the Tour
Be inventive and show us you are capable of joining the Tour de France team for conveying the emotion of the event thanks to your favourite media.
Whether you have gained your experience during your studies, by managing a blog or through another experience, social networks are your preferred tool.
The jury will be composed of:
- Tour de France Director – Christian Prudhomme
- A.S.O. Director of Communications – Philippe Sudres
- Tour de France Community manager – Kévin Bottin
And if you are pre-selected?
A second oral phase will be held from May 16-18. At the conclusion of this second phase, 3 Digital Reporters will be chosen to participate in the Tour de France alongside the A.S.O. communication teams.
From June 29 to July 23, the Digital Reporters will cover the event like the professional reporters on the roads of France.