Running from Saturday June 30th to Sunday July 22th 2012, the 99th Tour de France will be made up of 1 prologue and 20 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,497 kilometres.
These stages have the following profiles:
- 9 flat stages
- 4 medium mountain stages - one with a summit finish
- 5 mountain stages - two with a summit finish
- 2 individual time-trial stages
- 1 prologue
- 2 rest days
Distinctive aspects of the race
The 2012 Tour de France will have 25 mountain level two, level one or highest level mountain passes or summit fi nishes.
They will be divided up geographically in the following way:
- 1 in the Vosges
- 3 in the Jura
- 4 in the Swiss Jura
- 6 in the Alps
- 11 in the Pyrenees
9 new stage towns
Abbeville, Annonay Davézieux, Bellegarde-sur-Valserine, La Planche des Belles Filles, Peyragudes, Porrentruy, Samatan, Tomblaine, Visé
Jersey wearers after the stage 5
- 23:00Summary of the race
- 17:48Tension until the very end but Greipel...
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 18:51Wiggins and Sky again!
- 18:45Sagan: «I was only angry»
- 18:42Ladagnous: This is the second time it...
- 18:34Cancellara: a dream is not a goal
- 16:00Greipel: I just had some power left
- 11:45Analysis of the stage
- 10:30The day's route
- 19:10Every sprint is different
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Is Peter Sagan able to beat Greipel and Cavendish in a bunch sprint?