Matteo Trentin of Omega Pharma-Quick Step scored his second stage win at the Tour de France one year after taking the laurels in Lyon. He passed Peter Sagan in extremis on the line in Nancy. The green jersey wearer had done everything he could before with putting his Cannondale team at the front of the peloton all day. He attacked in the last climb and sprinted in a crash marred finale but had to accept another defeat.read more
Stage winner.read more
Yellow jersey.read more
Stage 7 is not a sprinters' stage. Firstly, it's very long (234.5km) and it would be a huge task for a team to keep the race under control like Giant-Shimano has done in all the previous flat stages. Secondly, the finale is too hard for pure sprinters like Marcel Kittel. Giant-Shimano would have been keen to just switch roles between Kittel and John Degenkolb who has the characteristics for winning in Nancy, but the Gent-Wevelgem winner got a muscle thorn in a crash during stage 5, so he's...read more
True to his tendency to bring new talent forward, Garmin Sharp team manager Jonathan Vaughters took a young and rather inexperienced team to the Tour de France to support Andrew Talansky in his Tour campaign.read more
How was the first time ?10.07.2014
This focus on a Tour newcomer is obviously tongue-in-cheek: when Jens Voigt made his Tour de France debut in 1998, Danny van Poppel or Simon Yates, the two youngest riders in this edition, were five.read more
Jersey wearers after the stage 21
- 07/27 Kittel doubles up, Nibali wins the Tour
- 07/27Vincenzo Nibali: «Thank you the...
- 07/27Alessandro De Marchi: «It's a...
- 07/27Cheng Ji to the bitter end
- 07/27Peter Sagan: «I haven't won a...
- 07/27Thibaut Pinot: "An awaken dream"
- 07/27Jean-Christophe Peraud: "I had to add...
- 07/27Marcel Kittel: " It means a lot to...
- 07/27Romain Bardet: "Keep the bright side...
- 07/27Finish in Paris
- 07/27 Matthew Busche: "It was a mental and...
- 07/27Km 81.5 - Welcome on the Champs!
- 07/27Evergreen Cannondale
- 07/27Concours de puissance...
- 07/27The grand finale
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France