On the road
Districts: Cambridge, Huntingdon, North-East Cambridgeshire, North West Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, South Cambridgeshire, South East Cambridgeshire.
Surface: 3,046 km2
Largest town: Peterborough (Pop: 184,000)
Economy: universities (Cambridge), new technologies, bioscience (Cambridge), mineral water (Huntingdon)
Tourism: Cambridge (universities, King's College, Round Church, punting, etc…), abbeys of Ramsey and Anglesey.
Population:1.73 million (2011)
Districts: Harlow, Epping Forest, Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Maldon, Chelmsford, Uttlesford, Braintree, Colchester, Tendring, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea.
Surface: 3 670 km2
Largest town: Chelmsford
Economy: radio (Marconi in Chelmsford), electronics and chemistry (Harlow), automobile (Ford in Brentwood), plastics, services.
Tourism: castles in Hedingham, Colchester, Audley End house. Safrron Walden. Chapel of St Peter on the Wall.
Km 8.9 : Great Shelford
Population : 4000 hab.
The village south of Cambridge made headlines because part it was the home of part of Barack Obama's family.
Jersey wearers after the stage 19
- 07/25 Navardauskas delivers a Lithuanian...
- 07/25Peter Sagan: "I was first to crash"
- 07/25Thibaut Pinot: "I like time trialing"
- 07/25Tom-Jelte Slagter: "Champagne tonight!"
- 07/25Ramunas Navardauskas: "I used all my...
- 07/25Alejandro Valverde: "A very important...
- 07/25Romain Bardet: 'Give it my all"
- 07/25Vincenzo Nibali: "I'll race the time...
- 07/25Jean-Christophe Peraud: "Not like...
- 07/25Are sprints the same in the third week?
- 07/25Transition stage you said?
- 07/25Katusha - Kristoff eclipses Purito
- 07/25Alex Howes - "A crazy wild circus"
- 07/25Km 9.5 - Marciac and all that jazz
- 07/25Last occasion for attackers
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will Peter Sagan complete the 2014 Tour de France without winning a single stage?
- Yes, the pure sprinters will beat him72.36%
- No, he'll win stage 19 in Bergerac18.23%
- No, he'll win in Bergerac and in Paris9.4%