On the road
Districts: Cambridge, Huntingdon, North-East Cambridgeshire, North West Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, South Cambridgeshire, South East Cambridgeshire.
Surface: 3,046 km2
Largest town: Peterborough (Pop: 184,000)
Economy: universities (Cambridge), new technologies, bioscience (Cambridge), mineral water (Huntingdon)
Tourism: Cambridge (universities, King's College, Round Church, punting, etc…), abbeys of Ramsey and Anglesey.
Population:1.73 million (2011)
Districts: Harlow, Epping Forest, Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Maldon, Chelmsford, Uttlesford, Braintree, Colchester, Tendring, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea.
Surface: 3 670 km2
Largest town: Chelmsford
Economy: radio (Marconi in Chelmsford), electronics and chemistry (Harlow), automobile (Ford in Brentwood), plastics, services.
Tourism: castles in Hedingham, Colchester, Audley End house. Safrron Walden. Chapel of St Peter on the Wall.
Km 8.9 : Great Shelford
Population : 4000 hab.
The village south of Cambridge made headlines because part it was the home of part of Barack Obama's family.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%