On the road
Population: 1,260,226 (2011)
Sub-Prefectures: Saint-Gaudens, Muret.
Surface: 6,309 km2
Largest town: Toulouse (Pop: 442,000)
Economy: aeronautics (Airbus), space (Arianespace), agriculture (cereales), freight.
Specialities: cassoulet, sausage of Toulouse, wines of Fronton, violet, Peteram of Luchon (tripes), garlic in Cadours.
Tourism: Toulouse (place du Capitole), spas (Luchon), winter sports (Peyragudes, Super-Bagnères), Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges.
Province de Lleida (Espagne)
Autonomous Community of Catalunya
Population: 443,032 (2010)
Capital: Lleida (Lerida)
Surface: 12,028 km2
Largest town: Lleida (Pop: 125,000)
Economy: agriculture, tourism, textiles; chemicals; food industry.
Specialities: snails, Catalan specialities.
Population: 229,458 (2010)
Sub-Prefectures: Argeles-Gazost, Bagneres-de-Bigorre.
Surface: 4,464 km2
Largest town: Tarbes (43,000)
Economy: food industry, rail industry, tourism, spas (Bagneres, Bareges).
Specialities: Tarbais beans, onions of Trebons, garbure (soup), foie gras, gateau à la broche. Wines
Tourism: pilgrimage to Lourdes, spas (Bagneres, Bareges), ski and mountain (La Mongie), treks to Pic du Midi, Tourmalet, cirque de Gavarnie. Baronnies.
Km 13.5 : Barbazan
Population : 450 hab.
Barbazan is a preserved thermal town. The Baths, built in 1901, are set in a 4.2 ha park planted with magnificent trees, which is an invitation to strolls and walks. They are used to treat stomach, nutritional and intestinal problems thanks to waters rich in calcium and magnesium.
Jersey wearers after the stage 19
- 07/25 Navardauskas delivers a Lithuanian...
- 07/25Peter Sagan: "I was first to crash"
- 07/25Thibaut Pinot: "I like time trialing"
- 07/25Tom-Jelte Slagter: "Champagne tonight!"
- 07/25Ramunas Navardauskas: "I used all my...
- 07/25Alejandro Valverde: "A very important...
- 07/25Romain Bardet: 'Give it my all"
- 07/25Vincenzo Nibali: "I'll race the time...
- 07/25Jean-Christophe Peraud: "Not like...
- 07/25Are sprints the same in the third week?
- 07/25Transition stage you said?
- 07/25Katusha - Kristoff eclipses Purito
- 07/25Alex Howes - "A crazy wild circus"
- 07/25Km 9.5 - Marciac and all that jazz
- 07/25Last occasion for attackers
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will Peter Sagan complete the 2014 Tour de France without winning a single stage?
- Yes, the pure sprinters will beat him72.36%
- No, he'll win stage 19 in Bergerac18.23%
- No, he'll win in Bergerac and in Paris9.4%