On the road
Population: 1,260,226 (2011)
Sub-Prefectures: Saint-Gaudens, Muret.
Surface: 6,309 km2
Largest town: Toulouse (Pop: 442,000)
Economy: aeronautics (Airbus), space (Arianespace), agriculture (cereales), freight.
Specialities: cassoulet, sausage of Toulouse, wines of Fronton, violet, Peteram of Luchon (tripes), garlic in Cadours.
Tourism: Toulouse (place du Capitole), spas (Luchon), winter sports (Peyragudes, Super-Bagnères), Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges.
Province de Lleida (Espagne)
Autonomous Community of Catalunya
Population: 443,032 (2010)
Capital: Lleida (Lerida)
Surface: 12,028 km2
Largest town: Lleida (Pop: 125,000)
Economy: agriculture, tourism, textiles; chemicals; food industry.
Specialities: snails, Catalan specialities.
Population: 229,458 (2010)
Sub-Prefectures: Argeles-Gazost, Bagneres-de-Bigorre.
Surface: 4,464 km2
Largest town: Tarbes (43,000)
Economy: food industry, rail industry, tourism, spas (Bagneres, Bareges).
Specialities: Tarbais beans, onions of Trebons, garbure (soup), foie gras, gateau à la broche. Wines
Tourism: pilgrimage to Lourdes, spas (Bagneres, Bareges), ski and mountain (La Mongie), treks to Pic du Midi, Tourmalet, cirque de Gavarnie. Baronnies.
Km 13.5 : Barbazan
Population : 450 hab.
Barbazan is a preserved thermal town. The Baths, built in 1901, are set in a 4.2 ha park planted with magnificent trees, which is an invitation to strolls and walks. They are used to treat stomach, nutritional and intestinal problems thanks to waters rich in calcium and magnesium.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%