On the road
Population: 753,056 (2011)
Subprefectures : Altkirch, Guebwiller, Mulhouse, Ribeauville, Thann
Surface: 3,525.17 km2
Largest town: Mulhouse (Pop: 111,000)
Economy: agriculture (colza, wheat, corn, wines), automobile, textile, tourism.
Specialties: Alsace wines, munster, fried carp of Sungdau.
Tourism: Train and Automobile museums (Mulhouse), ecomuseum of Alsace (Ungersheim), Unterlinden Museum in Colmar, collegial churches (Thann and Colmar), typical villages of Hunawihr, Eguisheim and Riquewihr.
Population: 379,724 (2010)
Prefecture : Epinal
Subprefectures: Neufchateau, Saint-Die-des-Vosges
Superficie: 5,874 km2
Plus grande ville : Epinal (Pop: 33,000)
Economy: agriculture, wood and timber, paper (Clairefontaine), biomass, tourism, textile, bottling.
Specialties: plum, quetsch, munster, carré de l'Est (cheese), honey, quiche lorraine, nonnette of Remiremont, loriquette of Remiremont (cakes).
Tourism: spas (Contrexeville, Vittel), green tourism, winter sports, cathedral of Saint-Die, principality of Salm-Salm, Ballons des Vosges regional nature park.
Three days in the Ballons des Vosges regional Nature Park
With the High Vosges at his heart, the Ballons des Vosges regional nature park spreads towards the valleys of Alsace, Lorraine and Franche-Comte. The plateau of Mille Etangs (1,000 ponds) in Haute-Saone is the second natural treasure of the park. In this vast territory crossed by the Tour de France between July 12 and 14, exceptional landscapes are many – the high crests of the Vosges and their meadows at high altitude, its ice-age circuses, the Lorraine and Franche-Comte valleys with their deep forests as well as the Alsatian villages and their wines.
To discover the human and cultural riches of the territory, the park welcomes the public on premises open all-year-round for free in Chateau-Lambert in Haute-Saone and Munster in Alsace.
Population: 239,548 (2010)
Surface : 5,360 km2
Largest city: Vesoul (Pop: 16,000)
Economy: metallurgy, automobile (PSA in Vesoul), consumption goods, agriculture, construction.
Specialities: Montbozon biscuits, gandeuillot, griottines, kirsch of Fougerolles, Luxeuil ham.
Tourism: chapel of Ronchamp, green tourism, canal boating.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%