Today, Tuesday 10 July, the southernmost town in Burgundy invites you to a unique day on the theme of culinary delights whilst strolling through the charming pedestrian streets. Friendly atmosphere, musical entertainment and a tasting tour are scheduled for this festive day. In the town centre squares that have been renamed for the occasion with the names of the great wines of the Mâcon region you can tantalise your taste buds with Burgundy and Mâcon specialities and you can take a wine glass home as a souvenir. Stop for a moment in Place aux Herbes, at the foot of the exceptional wooden house, dating back over five hundred years, and admire its wooden panels carved with imaginary figures. Stroll along the Saône and enjoy the events and exhibitions based around the bike. Come and meet artists who are installed in a one off studio to exhibit their paintings, their sculptures and their wrought iron work. Finally, finish off the day by attending a free concert on the grand esplanade Lamartine, the true heart of Mâcon life.
Jersey wearers after the stage 5
- 23:00Summary of the race
- 17:48Tension until the very end but Greipel...
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 18:51Wiggins and Sky again!
- 18:45Sagan: «I was only angry»
- 18:42Ladagnous: This is the second time it...
- 18:34Cancellara: a dream is not a goal
- 16:00Greipel: I just had some power left
- 11:45Analysis of the stage
- 10:30The day's route
- 19:10Every sprint is different
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Is Peter Sagan able to beat Greipel and Cavendish in a bunch sprint?