stage 16 197KM
|17:04||The new top five overall...|
The defending champion Cadel Evans is yet to finish the stage but we can already report that he's out of the top six. The new top five in the 2012 Tour de France is:
1. Bradley Wiggins (GBR) SKY
2. Christopher Froome (GBR) SKY at 2'05"
3. Vincenzo Nibali (ITA) EUC at 2'23"
4. Jurgen van den Broeck (LTB) at 5'46"
5. Haimar Zubeldia (ESP) RNT at 7'13"
The best young rider, Tejay van Garderen, is ranked sixth overall and is now ahead of his team leader in the general classification.
|16:57||The top five of stage 16|
With the Aubisque, Tourmalet, Aspin and Peyresourde climbs, this was a day that begged for an attack. And Thomas Voeckler duly delivered. He led over every pass and claimed his second stage victory in a week. The top five of stage 16 is:
1. Thomas Voeckler (FRA) EUC 197km in 5h35'01" (35.3km/h)
2. Chris Anker Sorensen (DEN) STB at 1'40"
3. Gorka Izaguirre (ESP) EUS at 3'22"
4. Alexandre Vinokouorv (KAZ) AST at 3'22"
5. Brice Feillu (FRA) SAU at 4'06"
|16:54||Voeckler gets his fourth Tour stage win!|
Voeckler has led over every mountain in stage 16 and he's reached the finish with a health lead over the rider in second place. It's his second victory in the 2012 Tour and the fourth of his career. He's the winner of both stages that have followed a rest day in the 99th Tour.
|16:52||The celebrations can begin|
Two times in a row, Voeckler will be the winner of the Tour stage that concludes in Luchon. He did so in 2010 on the day that Andy Schleck lost the yellow jersey because of a dropped chain. And he's inside the final kilometre of stage 16 with a healthy advantage on Chris Sorensen.