The Sky team was formed at the start of the 2010 season and the intention was clear from the very beginning: to have a British winner of the Tour de France within five years. It's taken just three. Bradley Wiggins had achieved all there is to do as a track rider and he escaped what he called his «comfort zone» and set himself a new challenge after successfully defending his Olympic title in the individual pursuit in 2008. With three gold medals from the Olympics in his trophy cabinet - one each from the solo 4,000m effort (which is no longer on the program for the Games), and one...Read more Key moments
Le Tour in videos
- Best of n°1
- Best of n°2
- Best of n°3
- Summary of the race
- Interview - Stage Winner
- Image of the day
- Landscape of the day
- Analysis of the stage
- The day's route
- Jean-François Pescheux's analysis of the...
- The towns 2012 : visit Rambouillet
- Through the geologist eyes
- Archive - 2011
- Archive - 2010
- Archive - 2009
- Archive - 2008
- Archive - 2007
- Archive - 2006
- Archive - 2005
- Archive - 2004
- Archive - 2003
- Archive - 2002
Rambouillet / Paris Champs-Élysées
At fifty kilometres from Paris, Rambouillet is the doorway to the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Regional Nature Park. It is like a glade in the heart of the Rambouillet...
Le Tour 2012 route
Tour de france 2012
Running from Saturday June 30th to Sunday July 22th 2012, the 99th Tour de France will be made up of 1 prologue and 20 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,497 kilometres.
These stages have the following profiles:
- 9 flat stages
- 4 medium mountain stages - one with a summit finish
- 5 mountain stages - two with a summit finish
- 2 individual time-trial stages
- 1 prologue
- 2 rest days
9 new stage towns
Abbeville, Annonay Davézieux, Bellegarde-sur-Valserine, La Planche des Belles Filles, Peyragudes, Porrentruy, Samatan, Tomblaine, Visé
Each year it is much awaited and lights up the roadside... we are talking of course about the Tour de France sponsor's parade! Discover the crazy cars of our partners and try your luck at winning gifts on...
Jersey wearers after the stage 20
- 23:00Summary of the race
- 17:39Great Brit: Wiggins creates history
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 19:02Sagan: «I want to finish this season...
- 18:56Froome: «I couldn't be happier»
- 18:49Van Garderen: «It's been a huge three...
- 18:43Cavendish: «You've seen my sprint is...
- 18:31Wiggins: «It's very surreal»
- 11:45Analysis of the stage
- 10:30The day's route
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will Mark Cavendish his fourth stage on the Champs-Elysées today?