- 1895: Company founded by Laurin and Klement, specializes in manufacturing bicycles, motorcycles and, later, automobiles.
- 1905: Creation of the L&K, A-type compact car.
- 1925: Acquisition of the firm by the Škoda group. Production of Hispano Suiza (high-end car) under licensing.
- 1991: Acquisition of Škoda by Volkswagen Group A.G.
- 2004: Launch of the new ŠkodaOctavia sedan. Škoda becomes the Official Car of the Tour de France.
- 2005: Launch of the new ŠkodaOctavia combo.
- 2006: Launch of the ŠkodaRoomster.
- May 2007: Launch of the new ŠkodaFabia.
For four years, Škoda has been an Official Partner of the Tour de France and other cycling competitions organized by A.S.O. and our commitment continues to deepen through many other races.
These partnerships enable our brand to put more than 300 Škoda cars on the road featuring the colors and logos of different cycling competitions and to involve all of our distribution partners and local repair centers.
Thanks to ŠkodaFabia, ŠkodaRoomster, ŠkodaOctavia and ŠkodaSuperb, the organizers and competing teams can be certain that race spectators will be able to perfectly follow the competition as it unfolds.
For more information, please visit www.skoda.fr.