On the road
Population: 188,893 (2011)
Sub-prefectures: Condom, Mirande.
Surface: 6,257 km2
Largest town: Auch (Pop: 25,000)
Economy: agriculture, food industry, culinary tourism, aeronautics (Auch airport)
Specialities: foie gras, gizzards, duck confit. Wines of Armagnac, Cotes de Gascogne, Floc de Gascogne, Madiran-Pacherenc of Vic Bilh, Saint Mont and Cotes du Condomois.
Tourism: Auch cathedral, collegial church of La Romieu, St James Way, fortified town of Lectoure, villages of Fources, Larressingle, Lavardens, Montreal-du-Gers and Sarrant
Population: 330,866 (2011)
Sub-prefectures: Marmande, Nerac, Villeneuve-sur-Lot.
Surface: 5,361 km2
Largest town: Agen (Pop: 34,000)
Economy: chemistry, agriculture and foot industry, aeronautics.
Specialitéies : prune of Agen, tourtière. Tomato of Marmande. Armagnac, wines (cotes de Duras).
Tourisme: river boating, bastides, gastronomy, green ways. Villages of Monflanquin and Pujols. Castles of Bonaguil and Duras.
Population: 415,168 (2011)
Sub-prefectures: Bergerac, Nontron, Sarlat-la-Caneda.
Surface: 9,060 km2
Largest town: Perigueux (Pop: 30,000)
Economy: timber, tobacco, viticulture, tourism.
Specialities: duck (confit, foie gras), truffles, mushroom, tourin (soup), Sarlat potatoes. Wines of Bergerac, Monbazillac, Pecharmant.
Tourism: Pre-historical of Les Eyzies (caves of Lascaux and Rouffignac). Cathedral Saint-Front of Perigueux. Abbey of Cadouin.
Km 9.5 : Marciac
A fortified royal bastide from the late 13th century, Marcia is above all famous for its jazz festival, Jazz in Marciac, attracting more than 200,000 spectators every year in august since 1978. The greatest names of jazz have played in Marciac over the years: Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles, Stan Getz, Al Jarreau, Keith Jarrett, Sonny Rollins, Herbie Hancock…
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%