On the road
Population: 749,053 (2011)
Sub-prefectures: Montbrison, Roanne
Surface: 4,773 km2
Largest town: Saint-Etienne
Economy: steel works, mechanicals, medical textile, optical industry, design, supermarkets (Casino).
Specialities: râpée, barboton (meat), sarasson, fourme of Montbrison (cheese)
Tourism: zoo of Saint-Martin-la-Plaine, ski resort of Chalmazel, museums of Saint-Etienne, castle of Boutheon.
Population: 1,215,212 (2011)
Sub-prefectures: La Tour-du-Pin, Vienne.
Surface: 7,431 km2
Largest town: Grenoble
Economy: paper mills, metallurgy, electronic components, equipment, chemicals, food industry, tourism.
Specialities: gratin dauphinois, ravioles, Swiss chard à la voironnaise, petafine, bleu du Vercors (cheese), antésite, Chartreuse (drinks).
Tourism: winter sports (Alpe d'Huez, Deux-Alpes, Chamrousse, Villard-de-Lans), Grenoble (old town, museums)
Km 5.5 : Saint-Chamond
An ancient guard post of the Lyon aqueduct, the capital of Jarez and then an industrial city, St Chamond is the town whose mayor for 45 years was legendary French politician Antoine Pinay, the advocate of the strong franc. It was also the hometown of Formula One champion Alain Prost and the birthplace of children clothes brand “Z”, who sponsored the cycling team that won the Tour with Greg LeMond in 1990.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%