On the road
Population: 229,458 (2010)
Sub-Prefectures: Argeles-Gazost, Bagneres-de-Bigorre.
Surface: 4,464 km2
Largest town: Tarbes (43,000)
Economy: food industry, rail industry, tourism, spas (Bagneres, Bareges).
Specialities: Tarbais beans, onions of Trebons, garbure (soup), foie gras, gateau à la broche. Wines
Tourism: pilgrimage to Lourdes, spas (Bagneres, Bareges), ski and mountain (La Mongie), treks to Pic du Midi, Tourmalet, cirque de Gavarnie. Baronnies.
Km 65 : Bagnères-De-Bigorre
The Tour stopped 11 times in the thermal town, the last in 2013 with a stage victory by Dan Martin. Are not to be missed the Grands Thermes (Great Baths), once attended by George Sand or Lamartine, the Gothic Saint-Vincent church, the Jacobins Tower or the beautiful caves of Medous.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%