On the road
Population: 229,458 (2010)
Sub-Prefectures: Argeles-Gazost, Bagneres-de-Bigorre.
Surface: 4,464 km2
Largest town: Tarbes (43,000)
Economy: food industry, rail industry, tourism, spas (Bagneres, Bareges).
Specialities: Tarbais beans, onions of Trebons, garbure (soup), foie gras, gateau à la broche. Wines
Tourism: pilgrimage to Lourdes, spas (Bagneres, Bareges), ski and mountain (La Mongie), treks to Pic du Midi, Tourmalet, cirque de Gavarnie. Baronnies.
Km 65 : Bagnères-De-Bigorre
The Tour stopped 11 times in the thermal town, the last in 2013 with a stage victory by Dan Martin. Are not to be missed the Grands Thermes (Great Baths), once attended by George Sand or Lamartine, the Gothic Saint-Vincent church, the Jacobins Tower or the beautiful caves of Medous.
Jersey wearers after the stage 19
- 07/25 Navardauskas delivers a Lithuanian...
- 07/25Peter Sagan: "I was first to crash"
- 07/25Thibaut Pinot: "I like time trialing"
- 07/25Tom-Jelte Slagter: "Champagne tonight!"
- 07/25Ramunas Navardauskas: "I used all my...
- 07/25Alejandro Valverde: "A very important...
- 07/25Romain Bardet: 'Give it my all"
- 07/25Vincenzo Nibali: "I'll race the time...
- 07/25Jean-Christophe Peraud: "Not like...
- 07/25Are sprints the same in the third week?
- 07/25Transition stage you said?
- 07/25Katusha - Kristoff eclipses Purito
- 07/25Alex Howes - "A crazy wild circus"
- 07/25Km 9.5 - Marciac and all that jazz
- 07/25Last occasion for attackers
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will Peter Sagan complete the 2014 Tour de France without winning a single stage?
- Yes, the pure sprinters will beat him72.36%
- No, he'll win stage 19 in Bergerac18.23%
- No, he'll win in Bergerac and in Paris9.4%