The big news of the 2012 Tour de France was a change in dress code that was obvious thanks to the prominence of the Team Sky riders who wore yellow helmets as part of an innovation created for the 2012 race. They earned the right to do thanks to their domination of the prologue. Bradley Wiggins and his team-mates honored their new distinction by winning the stage one team classification. Sky was one of only eight out of the 22 teams that had riders in the same group as the stage winner in Seraing. The others were BMC, Garmin-Sharp, Liquigas-Cannondale, Omega Pharma-Quickstep, RadioShack-Nissan, AG2R La Mondiale and Katusha. The British squad will have yellow helmets again tomorrow...
Team Standings: Sky's Yellow Helmet
- 16:30Summary of the race
- 17:37Cancellara in yellow on day one - for the...
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 18:46Sky feeds off the regrets of Omega...
- 18:37Time for Phil Gil?
- 18:05Tejay van Garderen:
- 16:27Fabian Cancellara:
- 11:30Who will take the first yellow jersey of...
- 10:30The prologue's route
- 10:00Analysis of the stage
Jersey wearers after the prologue
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France