- Overall standing
- Corresponds to the total results over all the stages.
- Yellow jersey
- It rewards the leader of the general classification, calculated by adding together the times achieved on each stage. Also taken into account are any bonifications earned on the intermediate sprints or the finish.
- Green jersey
- It identifies the leader of the classification on points. The points in question are awarded according to the passing order on the intermediate sprints and at the finish line.
- Red polka dot jersey
- It identifies the best climber. The points counting towards the mountain classification are awarded on the basis of the passing order at the top of the climbs and passes.
- White jersey
- It identifies the first young rider up to 25 years old in the overall standings.
- Yellow bib
- Worn by the leaders of the overall team standings (total of times for the first three riders on each stage).
- Red bib
- This prize is awarded at the end of each stage by a jury comprising eight specialists in cycling. A “super-combativity” prize is also awarded at the end of the last stage of the Tour.
- Stage standing
- Results of a given stage
Jersey wearers after the prologue
TejayUSABMC RACING TEAM
the day's winner
Sky Procycling is the first leader of the team standings of the Tour de France in 2012 to the chagrin of the local team Omega... read more
- 16:30Summary of the race
- 17:37Cancellara in yellow on day one - for the...
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 18:46Sky feeds off the regrets of Omega...
- 18:37Time for Phil Gil?
- 18:05Tejay van Garderen:
- 16:27Fabian Cancellara:
- 11:30Who will take the first yellow jersey of...
- 10:30The prologue's route
- 10:00Analysis of the stage
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France