This year, and for the first time, Le Tour de France et his main partner LCL give pride to the Yellow Jersey trough a contest between the eight stage-cities of 2021 Grand Départ Bretagne. From Brest to Fougères, passing by Landerneau, Perros-Guirec, Mûr-de-Bretagne Guerlédan, Lorient, Pontivy and Redon, each city aims to decorate itself in yellow !
The contest is launched from May 2021, 29th, on the occasion of the « La Fête du Tour », and will take place during the whole month of June. A judging panel will pace up and down the cities to notice the realizations with a shrewd eye according to the following criteria
- The overall impression and harmony
- The promotion of Tour de France and its symbol, the Yellow Jersey
- Promotion of cycling
The judging panel is composed of 5 personalities :
- Bernard Thévenet, double winner of 1975 and 1977 Tour de France
- Didier Gourin, journalist at Ouest France daily newspaper
- Lucille et Anne Commault, designers of the 2021 Tour de France official poster
- Christophe Godel, Brittany director of LCL
In addition to the judging panel, one vote will araise from social networks. Battles on Twitter will be organized from June 7th to 16th to vote for the most beautiful « Ma Ville En Jaune » photo. Go vote for your favorite city @LeTour and try to win Tour de France prizes !
A bike park will be offer to the winner city by LCL, main partner of Le Tour de France and partner of all cyclists. Easy to use, the bike park will allow to the cyclists to park their bikes safely.