On the road
County town: Northallerton (Pop: 15,740)
Population: 1,072,600 (2005)
Districts: Selby, Borough of Harrogate, Craven, Richmondshire, Hambleton, Ryedale, Borough of Scarborough, City of York, Redcar and Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees
Surface: 8,654 km2
Largest town: York (Pop: 202,400)
Economy: agriculture, mines, power, high technology, tourism.
Specialities: Yorkshire pudding, ginger bread, liquorice, rhubarb, beer, chocolate in York, Wensleydale (cheese)
Tourisme: York (cathedral, old town, museums), Ripon cathedral, castles of Ripley, Helmsley, Richmond, Skipton, Scarborough and Middleham. Abbeys of Rievaulx, Byland and Selby.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%