stage 9 168.5KM
|16:19||Froome keeps the yellow jersey: Valverde up to 2nd...|
The new to 10 of the overall rankings is:
1. Chris Froome (GBR) SKY
2. Alejandro Valverde (ESP) MOV at 1'25"
3. Bauke Mollema (NED) BEL at 1'44"
4. Laurens Ten Dam (NED) BEL at 1'50"
5. Roman Kreuziger (CZE) TST at 1'51"
6. Alberto Contador (ESP) TST at 1'51"
7. Nairo Quintana (COL) MOV at 2'02"
8. Daniel Martin (IRL) GRS at 2'28"
9. Joaquim Rodriguez (ESP) KAT at 2'31"
10. Rui Costa (POR) MOV at 2'45"
|16:17||The top 10 in stage nine...|
Dan Martin has beaten Jakob Fuglsang in a two-up sprint. The top five in the ninth stage of the 100th Tour de France is:
1. Dan Martin (IRL) GST - 168.5km in 4h43'03"
2. Jakob Fuglsang (DEN) AST at same times
3. Michal Kwiatkowski (POL) OPQ at 20"
4. Daniel Moreno (ESP) KAT at 20"
5. Joaquim Rodriguez (ESP) KAT 20"
6. Cadel Evans (AUS) BMC at 20"
7. Wouter Poels (NED) VCD at 20"
8. Bauke Mollema (NED) BEL at 20"
9. Daniel Navarro (ESP) COF at 20"
10. Maxime Monfort (BEL) RTL at 20"
|16:14||Martin wins the stage!|
Fuglsang led until about 250m to go but then Martin pounced and led the Astana rider all the way to the line. Garmin-Sharp gets its first stage win in the 2013 Tour de France and the Irishman celebrates his first victory in the race...!
|16:12||Fuglsang and Martin: inside the final kilometre|
Morabito (BMC) is the rider at the front of the chase group that's 33" behind. Fuglsang and Martin are on the streets of Bagnère-de-Bigorre and less than 1,000m from the finish of stage nine. One of them is going to win his first stage of the Tour de France.
Martin follows Fuglsang and the Dane keeps a close eye on the Irishman who won Liege-Bastogne-Liege earlier this year.
- Start town
- Finish town
- Feeding zone
- Last kilometre
- Hors catégorie climb
- Points of interest
- Cobblestones sectors