Castres Ax 3 Domaines
stage 8 195KM
|16:58||The new top 10 of general classification|
Sky has taken first and second in the stage and they have first and second in the overall rankings. The new top 10 is essentially a reflection of the stage placings...
1. Chris Froome (GBR) SKY
2. Richie Porte (AUS) SKY at 51"
3. Alejandro Valverde (ESP) MOV at 1'25"
4. Bauke Mollema (NED) BEL at 1'44"
5. Laurens Ten Dam (NED) BEL at 1'50"
6. Roman Kreuziger (CZE) TST at 1'51"
7. Alberto Contador (ESP) TST at 1'51"
8. Nairo Quintana (COL) MOV at 2'02"
9. Joaquim Rodriguez (ESP) KAT at 2'31"
10. Michael Rogers (AUS) TST at 2'40"
|16:56||The top 10 in stage eight|
The Sky team has dominated the eighth stage. The top 10 of this epic day in the mountains is:
1. Chris Froome (GBR) SKY 195km in 5h03'17"
2. Richie Porte (AUS) SKY at 52"
3. Alejandro Valverde (ESP) MOV at 1'09"
4. Bauke Mollema (NED) BEL at 1'10"
5. Laurens Ten Dam (NED) BEL at 1'17"
6. Mikel Nieve (ESP) EUS at 1'35"
7. Roman Kreuziger (CZE) TST at 1'46"
8. Alberto Contador (ESP) TST at 1'46"
9. Nairo Quintana (COL) MOV at 1'46"
10. Igor Anton (ESP) EUS at 1'46"
|16:52||Sky take first and second... and yellow!|
The Sky team has first and second place: Froome ahead of Porte. The average speed for the stage was 38.6km/h. The yellow jersey will go to Chris Froome.
|16:51||Froome wins again!|
Just as he did in 2012, Chris Froome has won the first mountain stage of the Tour. It's his second stage win in the Tour and he'll take the yellow jersey this time. Sky is going to have first and second in the stage to Ax-3-Domaines.
- Start town
- Finish town
- Feeding zone
- Last kilometre
- Hors catégorie climb
- Points of interest
- Cobblestones sectors