Sky Procycling is the first leader of the team standings of the Tour de France in 2012 to the chagrin of the local team Omega Pharma-Quickstep who had hoped to wear the yellow ‘dossard' in the stage across Wallonia on Sunday. The puncture of Tony Martin in the prologue decided otherwise. “It is a pity also for the team classification because we planned to carry the lead throughout the first week,” said Patrick Lefevere, the manager of OPQS. He was delighted with the performance of Sylvain Chavanel (3rd) and Peter Velits (12th) but his team missed out by 13 seconds – largely due to the change of the bike that the world champion needed. He ultimately finished 43rd, 23 seconds behind Cancellara. Sky, with Wiggins (second), Boasson Hagen (6th) and Froome (11th), confirms the collective superiority of the squad in the prologue.
Sky feeds off the regrets of Omega Pharma-Quickstep
- 23:00Summary of the race
- 17:48Tension until the very end but Greipel...
- 16:00Interview - Stage Winner
- 18:51Wiggins and Sky again!
- 18:45Sagan: «I was only angry»
- 18:42Ladagnous: This is the second time it...
- 18:34Cancellara: a dream is not a goal
- 16:00Greipel: I just had some power left
- 11:45Analysis of the stage
- 10:30The day's route
- 19:10Every sprint is different
Jersey wearers after the stage 5
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Is Peter Sagan able to beat Greipel and Cavendish in a bunch sprint?